sexta-feira, 23 de novembro de 2018

Mosaic

Digital Creative Sources – DCS016, Lisbon 2018


















1. I - 07'41''
2. II - 05'58''
3. III - 07'40''
4. IV - 10'23''



Ernesto Rodrigues - Viola
Ido Bukelman - Banjo
Guilherme Rodrigues - Cello



Recorded October 2017, Berlin

Reviews

The collaboration with the Rodrigues family is evidently extremely important for Ido. Several album of this collaboration are reported in the "Portrait" chapter of the Rodrigues gang. Here, I report "Mosaic" in the Ido Bukelman with others entry, to give him a credit for a truly exceptional work.

The set has four tracks, entitled "I-IV". "I" is essentially bowed string music in a spirit of free improvised minimalism -- I understand the banjo is also bowed. "II" continues similar aesthetics, but is darker, more dramatic. My favorite is "III", a track with a touch of joy and optimism, so necessary in the Spring of 2020, when I write these words. But, the highlight for me is "IV", more deeply rooted in contemporary chamber on one side, and ancient music on the other. Over ten minutes of pure nirvana, with several breaks for orgasms of expression. Maciej Lewenstein

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário